Cool announcement from my employer today, as they’ve announced the beta testing of “Rich Ads” in search results.
There’s a few things I am liking about this:
- The addition of video, images, and form input boxes can actually provide a lot of help and value to a user searching for specific information. The ability to watch a Pedigree commercial without leaving the search results page is helpful and interactive. Or how about entering your zip code for an Esurance quote?
- It is innovation in an area that actually hasn’t seen that much innovation for an area that has so much business being done through it. It’ll be fascinating to see testing results from this.
- If done well, I imagine it will provide better results and more interaction for the advertiser.
I can’t wait to see this roll out more and hear about the results.
- Related Blogs on search advertising
- How to with paid search advertising | Computer Advice
- Clickable Integrates Emerging Google Ad Formats into Newest …
- Google Takes Search Advertising Mobile « TechPulse 360
- Search Advertising Fell 8% In The Fourth Quarter « TechPulse 360