Pete Caputa tagged me with one of the annoying yet interesting blog memes going around about letting people know 5 things they probably didn’t know about you. I usually stay away from email forward chains and the like, but since this is the first time I’ve been tagged for a blog chain I feel like I can’t resist. So here goes:
- I started coaching high school basketball only one year after graduating from high school myself, and did it for about 7 years until I had kids. I miss it now, but it’s not worth missing time in the evenings with my family.
- I’ve lived in Eugene, Oregon my whole life except for six months right after college when I worked for an internet startup in Los Angeles.
- I generally don’t like white sauces. By this I mean Ranch dressing, mayonnaise, cream cheese, sour cream, etc. Alfredo sauce is a notable exception.
- I can’t cook, at all. I once put butter on the outside of a bagel and then put it in the toaster. In my defense, I was much younger then. Luckily growing up my mom, dad, and brother all could cook really well, and my wife is an excellent cook. It probably is only a year away before my daughters can cook better than me.
- I started buying domain names with a buddy way back in 1995. You’d think this would make me rich many times over, unfortunately the best domain we bought was iceweb.com because all the others we were searching for were “too generic”. Yes, I kick myself on this one.