I just got back on Friday from Ad Tech, and I thought I’d pass on a few observations.
- The conference was bigger than last year by quite a bit.Â It’s good to have a growing industry.
- Meeting some good people with interesting ideas like Greg Narain with SocialRoots.
- Getting to meet with so many Right Media clients.Â It’s nice to see them happy but also nice to get feedback from them on what our media exchange can do better to help their businesses.
- The show was bigger than last year.Â Yes, I know this was a highlight, but it also made things feel like a bubble when I see some companies without a clue spending so much money on booths and advertising.
- It seemed like every company was either an ad network or a CPA/lead generation network.Â Which I guess is good because these companies can all take part in Right Media’s media exchange, but I’d like to see more innovation in the space as well.
- The internet not working in my hotel room.Â That was a drag.