Included is a new version of WebTrends analytics called WebTrends Analytics 8, as well as a data warehouse product. Analytics 8 will include new goal-driven dashboards that use Crystal Xcelsius to allow users to create what-if scenarios with their data. I’ve used Xcelsius to build online calculators from web spreadsheets in the past, and it’s a very cool and intuitive way to work with data. That should be interesting to see how WebTrends has used it to allow users to play with what could happen if they improved their results.
The purpose of their data warehouse product is to use all the available analytics data to create marketing campaigns for users based on their usage and segments. This quote from as told to Clickz News from Brent Hieggelke, WebTrends VP of corporate marketing, gives you an idea of their philosophy there:
We’ve spent, as an industry, a whole lot of time talking about conversion rate, but that only accounts for 5 percent of users. The remaining 95 percent has been an anonymous group of visitors. Marketers need to begin to segment that 95 percent,”